1. Listening to one album for a day, week, or month (morning, night, lunch breaks, workouts…) is completely normal, acceptable, and, in fact, often encouraged. It shows just the right dose of enthusiasm.
(Mumford & Sons, Sigh No More)
2. I still fall for the joke that we’re invincible. I have 2 jobs, 1 internship, and am in the midst of earning a Masters…
The only time doubt sets in is sometime around 6p.m. on Tuesdays, when, crawling into bed, I simply cannot believe Friday is still three days away.
3. The most reading I’ve done this month is Vanity Fair’s International Best Dressed List…wait, does that count as reading?
I’ve judged each and every look…from the couch in my 2005 J.Crew Christmas boxer-shorts and wool socks.
4. During my week without cable or internet, I did actually think (for a second) I might die.
5. Sometimes I listen to sad music for the sheer fact that I want to be sad. Melodrama is near second nature to a 20-something year old female.
I perform similar feats with sad books…and solo trips to the movie theater.
But cheering up is an equally simple affair. I find these people,
I eat these treats,
Or, unfailingly, I head to Pinterest to scour the pages for uplifting quotes.
7. I am not beyond temper-tantrums.
Ask either of these two…we had many growing up together. We also had a few last week, and maybe one yesterday.
Then I remember that nothing solves my problems like a root beer,