The adorable Lils at Mostly Fitness has gone and capped my week off in a most flattering fashion.
She gave me an award!
It comes with a small smattering of rules:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Paste the award image anywhere on your blog.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate other blogs you enjoy for this award.
5. Post a comment on your nominees’ blog to let them know of their nomination.
All totally do-able, so do them I will! (trying saying that 5 times fast)
I’ve already linked and pasted… which means it’s time for 7 facts about myself. I hope you all don’t mind
1. Until I was 15 or so I only ate cheeseburgers, chocolate milkshakes, pepperoni pizza and homemade ranch dressing. On the occasion that my father would drag us to Boston Market I’d kick and scream over the lack of these three super foods.
It was the diet of champions, I admit, but both I and my grown-up metabolism are glad the phase has passed.
Now I just indulge in them when the moment is right, like the other week at Minetta Tavern when I demolished this guy,
2. I get nervous each time I hit “Publish” on a post. I mean, what if you guys hate it??
3. Hermoine Granger was an enormous source of comfort growing up. Finally, finally, finally it was okay (maybe even “cool”) to be a curly-haired know-it-all.
(I’m the furball on the left!)
4. Anderson Cooper was my first celebrity crush. I cringe.
5. I first started getting into fitness when I got a trainer and nutritionist for volleyball my junior year in high school, but it was grudgingly at best. Then, a few weeks after graduating high school I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer and became a health-enthusiast on the spot.
Many hours, days, months and now years later I make sure to look after my health first and foremost by pumping my body full of as many vitamins, minerals and natural remedies possible.
Things like kombucha,
and superfood-based meals are now commonplace in my kitchen.
6. I used to make up Arizona Tea ads on the beach during vacation and perform them for my entire family… for hours. Somehow this still hasn’t led to a career…
7. The biggest conflict in my day so far is deciding which of these to order next.
I live a very hard life.
Now for tagging…
I’m dying to know both their secrets!!
Have a great Friday!